So simple yet so exciting: the game about the magic 21! Compete against the dealer in Lux Blackjack and show how intuitive and lucky you are. Who strikes the right balance between risk-taking and strategy to get closer to the 21? Choose your game moves wisely and you will cash in big time with this game classic!
Your goal with Lux Blackjack is to get a hand worth 21 points. You win if you have a Blackjack or a higher card value than the dealer. But if you go bust and exceed the magic 21 your stakes go to the bank!
The main lobby shows all available tables. You can view all tables with the arrow keys on the right side of the screen. Click on a table to enter a game.
To maximize and minimize the window, show the help text, change the sound settings or exit the game click on the settings buttons at the top right. You can view your credit in the top left, you can top up your player account in the middle by clicking "Top up" or enter the game by clicking "Play!".
- Place chips: You can select a betting amount from the available chips. Click the desired chip once to select it and afterwards click on a free space on the table to place the chip. You remove the chips by clicking "X".
- Remove bet: Click this button to remove your bet.
- Deal: Starts the game with the selected bet.
- Insurance: You can take out a game insurance here.
- Card: Adds another card to your current hand.
- No card: Ends the card purchase for the current hand.
- Double: Adds another card to the hand, doubles the bet and ends the card purchase.
- Splitting: Doubles the bet and splits the cards into two hands.
- New bet: Starts a new game with new bets.
- Again: Plays the next game with the bets of the previous game.
- Normal/Fast/Turbo Speed: Click the relevant arrow on the bottom right of the playing field to adjust the game speed.
In Blackjack you play against a croupier. To win at Blackjack you need a hand with a total value as close as possible to a count of 21 and that can beat the croupier's hand. If a hand goes over 21 this is called "Going bust" and you automatically lose the game and your bet. The croupier has no real choice in Blackjack but follows independent Backjack rules.
You have to take a seat at the table to participate in the game. Initially, the croupier deals 2 cards to each player including himself and turns over one of his cards.
- Card: You can decide to draw another card. Once you have received this card you can ask for more cards until you either go bust or you decide to draw no more cards.
- No card: You can decide to stop purchasing cards and draw no more cards.
- Double down: You have the opportunity to increase your initial bet by up to 100% and you will receive one more card.
- Splitting: If a player's first two cards are a pair (the same denomination), you can split them into two hands by placing a second bet equal to the amount of the first bet in an area outside the betting field of the initial bet. You can split up to two times.
- Insurance: If the card turned over by the croupier is an ace you can take insurance before the croupier looks at the face-down card. Half the initial bet is placed on the insurance position. If the croupier gets a Blackjack you lose your main bet and the insurance bets are paid out. If the croupier does not have a Blackjack all insurance bets are lost and the round will be continued. Insurances win with a ratio of 2 to 1.
- Taking even money: If your initial hand (the first two cards dealt at the beginning of a round) is a Blackjack, you can also place an insurance bet for an amount equal to your main bet, regardless of the croupier's hand. Insuring a Blackjack against Blackjack is referred to as "taking even money" and is paid out immediately before the croupier turns over his hand.
- The croupier always stops at 17: The croupier always stops his card purchase at 17 points. This means, he is obliged to end his card purchase at a total value of 17 points. Please note, that an ace in the croupier's hand always values 11 points as long as this doesn't mean the croupier has more than 21 points. Unlike the player the croupier cannot split, double down, take insurance or surrender.
An ace values 1 or 11, depending on which value offers better opportunities for you after drawing the next card. The point value of cards 2 to 10 is their natural value. Face cards or pictures count as 10.
- Blackjack: Blackjack means your first 2 cards value exactly 21 points, which can only be achieved with an ace and the number card 10. Two Blackjacks in the same round is referred to as a tie. A Blackjack wins with a ration of 3 to 2.
- Win: You win, if the total value of your hand exceeds the total value of the croupier's hand. A simple win is paid with a ration of 1 to 1.
- Lose: You lose, if the total value of your hand is lower than the total value of the croupier's hand.
- Go bust: If the total value of your hand exceeds 21 points you go bust and your game is over.
- Tie: If the total value of your hand matches the total value of the croupier's hand you have a tie. In this case, you won't lose your bet.